Denali National Park & Preserve has 6 campgrounds along Denali’s Park Road. All campgrounds, with exception to Riley Creek, are accessible by the Transit or Camper Bus. For more information about the Denali campgrounds visit the National Park Service website.
- RV hook-ups are NOT offered inside Denali National Park & Preserve.
- Fires are permitted only in fire rings at Riley Creek, Savage, and Teklanika Campgrounds. Fires are not permitted at any other campground or when backcountry camping. Firewood can be purchased at Riley Creek Mercantile or brought with you from outside the park. While it is legal to take downed wood for use in campfires, it is in short supply so please pack your own firewood.
- All campground seasonal operating dates are subject to change depending on weather and road accessibility.
- You must purchase a campground permit BEFORE you make a reservation on a Camper Bus. For more information or how to purchase tickets go to Camper Buses.
- Permits can be purchased each year after December 1st.
- Riley Creek, Savage River, Teklanika, and Wonder Lake campgrounds are available to be booked in advance starting each year on December 1.
- [Sanctuary] and [Igloo] campgrounds can only be booked two days prior to desired date of stay. Reservations can be made at the Riley Creek Mercantile or Wilderness Access Center.
- There is a 14 night maximum stay at one or combination of campgrounds inside Denali National Park & Preserve each summer season.
- All commercial use of Denali National Park & Preserve is restricted to Savage Campground Group sites. Sites are limited and subject to National Park Service authorization. For information about these sites please call 907.683.2294 prior to making a reservation. For reservations call 800.622.7275.
- Know the exact length of your RV before booking a campsite. We kindly ask guests not to book a site larger than you need. There are a limited number of long campsites and we would like to be able to accommodate everyone.
- Many campgrounds fill up quickly. If your dates of travel are not flexible, be sure to make your reservations early!
- Campers with a Golden Age, Golden Access Passport, Senior, or Access Federal Recreation Lands Pass are eligible for 50% off of the daily campground rate. Please provide Pass information at time of booking. Be prepared to show your pass and a photo ID at time of check-in.
There is a $6.00 fee per ticket and per campsite to change or cancel a reservation. You may change or cancel the reservation for shuttle buses as long as it is done at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the departure time, either by calling 800.622.7275 or visiting the Wilderness Access Center (WAC). Cancellations for campgrounds are allowed as long as it is done before 11 AM the day before check in at the Riley Creek Mercantile.
- Before heading to your campsite, all campers are required to check-in at Riley Creek Mercantile or Wilderness Access Center to obtain the proper campground permit and/or road pass.
- If you made a campground reservation and do not plan to utilize the shuttle system, please know that you will be responsible for the park entrance fee.
- Teklanika campers arriving late can check-in at Riley Creek Mercantile up until 10:00 pm during peak season.
If you plan to use the Camper Bus, there is no overnight parking at Wilderness Access Center. Currently, the only parking option is at Denali Visitor Center - RV/Overnight Lot. The Riley Creek Campground Bus Stop is the first pick-up location for the Camper Bus. It always departs 5 minutes before the scheduled hour, 6:55, 10:55, 1:55 and 3:55.