Alaska State Law requires children to be in a car or booster seat as follows:
- Children younger than 1 year of age or less than 20 pounds (9 kilograms) must be in a rear facing infant seat.
- Children 1 to 4 years old and at least 20 pounds (9 kilograms) must be in a child restraint.
- Children 5 to 7 years old and are less than 57 inches (1.4 meters) tall or less than 65 pounds (30 kilograms) must be in a booster seat. Booster seats are no longer required for children ages 5-7 once they reach 57 inches (1.4 meters) tall or weigh 65+ pounds (30 kilograms).
NOTE: Parents are responsible for providing the appropriate car seat.
The entrance fee for Denali Park & Preserve is $10.00 per person (age 16 and older). Children's entrance fee is free (age 15 and younger). This fee provides Denali Park access for 7 consecutive days.
- Camping: If you plan to camp in the park, the entrance fee will need to be paid when you receive your camping permit.
- Tours & Transits: If purchasing tour or shuttle tickets, the entrance fee will be charged at the time of booking.
America the Beautiful Pass Holders
Entrance Fees to Denali Park & Preserve are waived. America the Beautiful Passes are for sale during the summer season at the Denali Visitor Center.
A passenger/guest may not carry/possess a gun on board a Tour Bus or Kantishna Experience Bus, at the Riley Creek Mercantile, Morino Grill, or Denali Bookstore. A passenger/guest may carry/possess a gun on board a VTS bus, at the WAC or within the Riley Creek Campground or Savage River Campground so long as the gun is locked in a closed container and is not loaded.
For more information about Denali National Park & Preserve, visit www.nps.gov/dena.
The Riley Creek Mercantile has a public laundry available for a fee. It is located on the grounds of the Riley Creek Campground one half mile along the Park Road.
There are plenty of restroom facilities in Denali Park. All buses (shuttles & tours) stop approximately every hour and a half for restroom breaks.
Suggested items to bring include;