June 8 - September 15, 2016
Follow in the footsteps of Fannie Quigley to the old gold town of Kantishna on this all day adventure to the end of the Park Road. Join a Certified Interpretive Guide driver naturalist on this unique tour experience. You will have the opportunity to discover Denali’s wilderness as you travel to Kantishna.
Explore Denali’s gold rush history and discover Kantishna’s fascinating history and role in the formation of Interior Alaska. Learn about the park – and spend time in Kantishna discovering its fascinating history and role in the formation of Interior Alaska.
The Kantishna experience also features a National Park Service Interpretive Ranger who will be joining your tour at Wonder Lake, giving visitors the singular experience of a private tour led by a National Park Service Ranger from Wonder Lake. The Kantishna Experience is the only tour to feature an Interpretive Ranger from the National Park Service.
- 11-12 hour tour, 92 miles one-way to the end of the Park Road.
- Boxed lunch, snacks, and beverages provided.
- Pick up from area hotels between 5:40 A.M. – 7:20 A.M., and departs from the Wilderness Access Center between 6:15 and 7:30 A.M. (6:15 ends August 25)
- Returns between 6:00 P.M – 7:30 P.M.
- Some walking is involved.
- Seating is limited, advanced reservations are highly recommended.
- Smoking or consumption of alcoholic beverages is not permitted on tour buses.
- If you’re traveling with children, please take a moment to review the Alaska Car Seat Laws.
- Tour buses do not load at campgrounds.
- See our Firearm policy.
Prices include $10 Park Entry Fee (Adults Only)
Advanced Reservations Highly Recommended
Changing or Canceling a Bus Tour: There is a $5.00 fee per ticket to change or cancel a reservation eight (8) or more days prior to arrival. All changes or cancellations made within seven (7) days of arrival are non-refundable.