Denali National Park and Preserve Campgrounds
Denali National Park and Preserve has six campgrounds along the Park Road. All are unique in their location and the access they provide to different areas of the Park. All campgrounds are accessible by Visitor Transportation Shuttle or Camper Bus. For more information about the Denali campgrounds visit the National Park Service website.
General Information | To Purchase Campground Permits | Change/ Cancel Fees
- Riley Creek, Savage River, Teklanika and Wonder Lake are available by advanced reservation starting each year on December 1st.
- Before heading to your campsite, all campers are required to check in at the Riley Creek Mercantile or the Wilderness Access Center to obtain the proper campground permit and/or road pass.
- Camper Bus PARKING INFORMATION: There is no overnight parking at the Wilderness Access Center. Currently, the only parking option is at the Denali Visitor Center RV/Overnight Lot. The Riley Creek Campground Bus Stop is the first pickup location for the Camper Bus. It always depart 5 minutes before the scheduled hour, 6:55, 10:55, 1:55 and 3:55.
- All campground dates are subject to change depending on weather and accessibility.
- Sanctuary and Igloo Campground reservations are only available two days prior to desired date of stay. Reservations can be made at the Riley Creek Mercantile or Wilderness Access Center only.
- There is a 14 night maximum stay at one or combination of campgrounds inside Denali National Park and Preserve in each summer season.
- There are no campsites with RV hook-ups inside Denali National Park and Preserve.
- Campers with a Golden Age, Golden Access Passport, or Senior or Access Federal Recreation Lands Pass are eligible for 50% off of the daily campground rate. Please provide Pass information at time of booking. Be prepared to show your pass and a photo ID at time of check-in.
- All commercial use of Denali National Park and Preserve is restricted to Savage Campground Group sites. Sites are limited and subject to National Park Service authorization. For information about these sites please call 907-683-2294 prior to making a reservation. For reservations call 1-800-622-7275.
- Late arrival Teklanika campers can check in at the Riley Creek Mercantile up until 10 PM during peak season.
To Purchase Campground Permits
- Permits can be purchased each year after December 1st.
- Please ensure you have read all of the above general information and know the exact length of your RV before booking a campsite. We kindly ask guests not to book a site larger than you need. There are a limited number of long campsites and we would like to be able to accommodate everyone.
- Fire pits are available at the Riley Creek, Savage River, and Teklanika campgrounds. Firewood can be purchased at the Riley Creek Mercantile or brought with you from outside the park. While it is legal to take downed wood for use in campfires, it is in short supply so please pack your own firewood.
- If you are making a campground reservation and do not plan to utilize the shuttle system, please know that you will be responsible for the park entrance fee.
- Many campgrounds fill up quickly. If your dates of travel are not flexible please be sure to make your reservations early!
- Reservations can be made online or via phone. Or call our reservations center at 1-800-622-7275.
- You must purchase a campground permit before you may make a reservation on a Camper Bus. For more information or to purchase tickets go to Camper Buses.
Change/ Cancel Fees
There is a $5.00 fee per ticket and per campsite to change or cancel a reservation. You may change or cancel the reservation for shuttle buses as long as it is done at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the departure time, either by calling 800.622.7275 or visiting the Wilderness Access Center (WAC). Cancellations for campgrounds are allowed as long as it is done before 11 AM the day before check in at the Riley Creek Mercantile.