Savage River Campground (Mile 13)
Located 13 miles in from the Parks Highway, Savage River Campground is smaller in size and more remote. Thirty-three sites for tents and RV’s provide easy access to great hiking and views of the Outer and Alaska Ranges - including Denali when it is visible. Shuttle buses into the park can be reserved to pick you up at the campground, saving you a trip back to the Wilderness Access Center. As this campground is more remote – make sure you have everything you need with you to enjoy your stay. Water availability is weather dependent.
Note: Savage River campsites can be reserved online. However, if you have a large group (more than 8 people) it is suggested you make your reservation by calling 866.761.6629 or request by fax.
- Daily Rates
30-40' Large RV Site: $28
30' or less Small RV/Tent Site: $22
- Bear proof food lockers
- Campground Host
- Fire pit (bring your own wood)
- Picnic tables
- No shower facilities, however there is running water during the summer (opening dates are weather dependent)
- Flush and vault toilets (water is weather dependent)
- No hookups available
- Maximum of 3 tents per site
- NPS Evening Campground Programs
- 3 group sites for groups larger than 8 persons (special reservation arrangements required)